In 2020, the Coronavirus pandemic brought the travel industry to a standstill, however the crisis has also reminded us that travel has the unique power to bring people closer together and change us in unexpected ways. Reflecting on this past year has surfaced the importance to rebuild a travel industry that is more resilient, sustainable and accessible.
We are a global community of many voices, and this year we have a unique opportunity to invite more partners than ever before. Expedia Group is taking explore ’20 virtual with the goal of bringing our collective voices together to rebuild the travel industry where every voice matters.
explore '20 will take place virtually over December 9-10, 2020 from 9am-11am PST each day
explore '20 kicks off with lively discussions with Expedia Group executives on how the lessons from 2020 can help rebuild a more resilient, inclusive, and sustainable travel industry. The day will start with a general session and will be followed by our line of business deep dives.
The industry is experiencing early signs of recovery, but the way people travel - and how they make decisions - has forever changed. The second day of explore '20 investigates the impact of these changes on partnerships, brand strategies, and technology while emphasizing how the industry can evolve to reach more diverse travelers.
explore'20 kicks off with interviews from Peter Kern with Siew Hoon, Cyril Ranque, and keynote from Erik Hart. Line of business breakout sessions to immediately follow. Click below to learn more
9:00 - 10:00am
explore'20 continues with keynotes from Ariane Gorin, Arthur Chapin, and a partner panel moderated by Melissa Maher. Click below to learn more.
explore '20 speakers
explore '20 speakers range from Expedia Group executives, including CEO Peter Kern, President and CEO World Travel and Tourism Council Gloria Guevara, TV host and author Rick Steves, journalist Yeoh Siew Hoon, and partners across the travel industry.
What information we collect from you
In General. We receive and store any information you provide to us through the Site or given to us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information“), such as your first and last name, telephone number and postal and email addresses.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer and your online activity when you visit the Site. For example, we may collect your IP address and information about what web browser software you use to access the Site (such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer) and referring website. Where permitted by local law, we may also automatically collect information you enter into any data fields shown on the Site, including your email address and log-in credentials. We may also collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed or bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping to customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see the Cookies and other technologies section below.
How we use your information
We use information about you to provide you with conference information and to communicate with you in general.
With whom we share your information
We do not share your information without your express consent.
YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING-OUT
You can correct or “opt-out” of receiving emails from us at any time by following the instructions included in your email or by sending a reply stating your request, and we will make the requested changes. Please note that we may retain certain information associated with you for record-keeping integrity.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this Site, you will not be able to access portions of our Site.
Cookies and other technologies
· To help measure and research the effectiveness of Site features and offerings, advertisements and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on Site.
In addition to the above cookies, we use Local Shared Objects, also referred to as “flash cookies,” on the Site. These are used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content on our Site. Local Shared Objects are similar to browser cookies but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. Like other cookies, they can only access personally identifiable information that you have provided on the Site and cannot be accessed by other websites. To find out more about flash cookies or how to disable them, please visit: Flash Player Help site.
This Site may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website and to improve Site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on the Site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
USING THE EXPEDIA MOBILE PHONE AND TABLET APPS (THE “MOBILE APPS”)
When you use an Expedia Mobile App, including the Conference app, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our Site.
In addition to this, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our Mobile Apps. Specifically:
· We collect information about Mobile App functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the Mobile App that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the Mobile App. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
· Each Mobile App will also send us error-reporting information in the event that it crashes or hangs. This enables us to investigate the error and to improve the stability of the Mobile App for future releases. As part of these error reports, the Mobile App sends us information about the mobile device type and version, the UID, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. We do not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
You always have the ability to control what information a Mobile App sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the Mobile App under its setting menu or changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the Mobile App from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our website.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using the Site and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
The Site is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visiting our Site from outside the United States
How you can contact us
Last Modified: January 10, 2020
Not sure what cookies are or what they do? Pay close attention; this page will tell you everything you need to know about cookies, as well as teach you how you to manage them on your computer.
1. What is a cookie? In short, a cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device to help ensure that you get the best possible experience when you visit a website.
In fact without cookie placement, a website cannot remember your preferences or registration details for your next visit.
The important thing to remember about all of this is that whilst some cookies are used to track your use of our website, they cannot be used to identify you personally or tell us who you are.
Here’s a snapshot of all of the cookies we use on join.expediapartnercentral.com, expediaconnectivity.com, welcome.expediagroup.com, apps.expediapartnercentral.com, and discover.expediapartnercentral.com along with a snippet of information about what they do.
3. What cookies does Expedia Group use? First and third-party cookies
There are many different types of cookies and at join.expediapartnercentral.com, expediaconnectivity.com, welcome.expediagroup.com, apps.expediapartnercentral.com, and discover.expediapartnercentral.com, we use them all. Those set by us are called ‘first-party cookies’. Those set by our partners and suppliers are called ‘third-party cookies’.
Third-party cookies enable visitors to our website to see and interact with content such as videos and advertising provided to us by other companies. The same cookies can also help us with website analytics. More on that a little later.
Session and persistent cookies
As with most websites, we also use ‘session cookies’, which exist only for the length of time that you visit our site and are deleted once you close your browser, along with ‘permanent cookies’ also known as ‘persistent cookies’ which remain stored on your browser ready for use the next time you visit our website.
These are required to help you access secure areas (such as your partner account pages). Essential cookies are critical because you can’t access these services without them.
Performance and functionality cookies
These cookies ensure the display of handy features such as maps and videos. We love them because they help to enhance the performance and functionality of our website, and we want the time you spend on our site to be both useful and engaging.
Analytics and customization cookies
We use analytics and customization cookies to gather information on how the website is being used by our visitors and to discover how popular our marketing campaigns are. We also use the data we get to help customize the website for you and make the content you see as relevant as possible.
Advertising cookies are used to ensure that we only show you the adverts and messages we think you will want to see. Cleverly, they also help us to restrict the number of times you see the same advert, ensure the ad is properly displayed.
Social networking cookies
As the name suggests, Social Networking Cookies allow visitors like you to share our pages and content through third-party social networking websites. Why not put them to the test and share this page when you finish reading it?
4. How can you manage cookies? We hope you’re now feeling confident about what cookies can do, and how we use them at Expedia Group to improve your website experience, but we know that you may want to manage your cookies from time to time so here are some tips!
Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted and online behavioral advertising. If you’d like to find out more information on how to opt out visit Your Online Choices website.
5. Online Behavioral Advertising Cookies Expedia Group adheres to the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (“EDAA”) Principles. For more information about the EDAA, you can visit the EDAA website. If you wish to make a query or complaint about our use of online behavioral advertising cookies, please use the details listed in the “How to contact us” section below.
Expedia Group does not process sensitive personal data for the online behavioral advertising purposes. We do not target anyone under the age of 16 on our website in general, nor for online behavioral advertising purposes.
Last Modified: January 10, 2020
1. License to Use the Site Expedia grants you a limited, non-exclusive license to access and view content on the Site for your own personal, non-commercial purposes. This license is personal to you and may not be assigned or sublicensed to anyone else. Except as expressly permitted by Expedia in writing, you will not reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the Site. Nor will you take any measures to interfere with or damage the Site. All rights not expressly granted by Expedia Group are reserved.
3. Submissions You may submit inquiries or feedback to Expedia Group through the email addresses listed on the Site. Do not submit information that would be considered proprietary and confidential. Expedia Group is not required to review any submission of content. To the extent you submit any ideas or feedback to Expedia Group, you grant Expedia Group a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use such content for any purpose.
4. Representations and Warranties; Indemnification You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority to enter into this Agreement and that by doing so, you will not violate any law or breach any obligation to any third party. You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Expedia Group and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against all third party actions that: (i) arise from your activities on the Site; and (ii) assert a violation by you of any term of this Agreement.
5. Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability Expedia Group reserves the right to modify the Site. You are responsible for providing your own access to the Site. Expedia Group provides the Site on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You therefore use the Site at your own risk. Expedia Group expressly disclaims any and all representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Expedia Group shall not be liable, with respect to any claim arising out of or relating to the Site or this Agreement, for (i) any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses; and (ii) an amount exceeding USD $100.
Our performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this Agreement limits our right to comply with law enforcement or other governmental or legal requests or requirements relating to your use of this Site or information provided to or gathered by us with respect to such use. To the extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that you will bring any claim or cause of action arising from or relating to your access or use of this Site within two (2) years from the date on which such claim or action arose or accrued or such claim or cause of action will be irrevocably waived.
6. Forward-Looking Statements Information on the Site may include “forward looking statements” which are based on management’s belief as well as on a number of assumptions concerning future events made by and information currently available to management. You are cautioned not to put undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. These statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside of Expedia’s control, that could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. Expedia Group disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
7. General This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to principles of conflicts of law.
Any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your use of the Site must be commenced in the state or federal courts located in King County, Washington (and you consent to the jurisdiction of those courts). In any such action, Expedia and you irrevocably waive any right to a trial by jury.
If any term of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that term will be severed from this Agreement. No failure or delay by Expedia Group in exercising any right hereunder will waive any further exercise of that right. Expedia Group's rights and remedies hereunder are cumulative and not exclusive.
This Agreement is binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of both parties and their respective successors, heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, and permitted assigns. You may not assign this Agreement without Expedia Group’s prior written consent. No third party shall have any rights hereunder.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between Expedia Group and you concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings regarding the same.
For any questions about this Agreement, please contact:
Expedia Group 1111 Expedia Group Way West Seattle WA 98119 Attention: Legal Department